Chris replied

456 weeks ago

Hi guys and gals!

As some of you may know, we as an FC are considering adopting a new image. This is purely a superficial thing but could affect the names of ranks, the FC name, the design of the house and potentially even the role which we play.

Why the change?

For the majority of our time in the FC we have been in the shadow of our previous leader, Minato. I feel that many people don't understand the ranks or even know what the FC name means.

Our Goal

We hope to allow you, the members to create something which you can easier connect with. To be able to do this, we need your feedback, however much or little you decide to give.

Please comment on each other's ideas too! Feedback is the breakfast of champions! Include what you like about someone else's ideas in your own if you like too.

I'll try and compile your ideas as much as possible as we go :)
- Aria Cross

Chris replied

456 weeks ago

Free Company redesign Idea-Board

Okay guys, so please just write your character/RL name as a heading then spam all your ideas. Don't hold back anything please, as I'm sure everyone's really interested to see even the wackiest ideas!

You don't have to follow my format by any means, just make sure it's headed as your own section. Please edit and add to it as you see fit. If you want to link to someone else's idea please reference them too :)

Aria Cross

(Chris)

Themed FC idea Number 1

I primarily like the idea of using the new housing glamour items to enhance an overall theme.
While I know we're not a RolePlay FC I think it could be fun for people to have the FC as an abstract RP entity in itself.
The ranks, name of the FC, name and appearance of the house (and potentially the role of the FC) would be redesigned to match the theme.

Having a Skysteel Manufactory is an idea I really like:

The theme of the FC would be around making airships, parts, harpoons and aerial weaponry
We could use the Medium Arms Supplier Wall for a house facade. I think this fits the theme well as it has the spears/harpoons on the front. You can see it here: http://i.imgur.com/XZypWs6.jpg
Ranks could focus around management, design, test piloting and manufacture of airships and weapons.
Part of the interior of the house could be kitted out to look like a workshop - an extension of the existing one or maybe more of a construction area. We could build airships on the top floor and fly 'em out the roof!
I think this idea can tie in very easily with a "Sky Pirate" theme such as Kit's "Alestrom" and perhaps Seg can achieve his goal of being a henchman :P
We can put moar cannons outside!
Potentially, we could undertake group FC enterprises, selling airship parts on the MB and teaming up to create a profitable business venture for the FC and people in it. If we are already grouping together to do airship related stuff together this should be able to come quite naturally.

Anchors aweigh!!!
- Aria Cross

Chris replied

456 weeks ago

On behalf of Alessia Darkhart:
(Rameez Khan)

So I was thinking of a steampunk or cyberpunk setting.

Steampunk being a house that is more medieval/victorian setting and we could have our airships reflect that. We could still create airship pieces as that would fit the whole steampunk setting.

But you could give the house a kind of a darker setting with darkish brown wood, but more pipes (if there are any parts in the MB that actually have those kind of stuff).There would be a more focus on old style steam technology in our house.

Cyberpunk could reflect this in the same way but more technologically advanced.

We could have allagan items in our FC house and give it a more Deus ex look. We could change the ranks to something like "runners", who primarily focus on dungeons and raids, or "sentinels" who primarily focus on pvp.

I have more ideas in my head but i need time to put them together.
- Aria Cross

Captain Schoki senshi replied

444 weeks ago

Hey,

sorry for my late reply. I haven't checked guildwork in a while so I didn't even know about this topic.
Is that still something that is going to happen or not? Just asking if I should think about anything since I have the feeling that the FC is kind of turning inactive again.
Please log in to post a reply.